Skip to main content
Powered by rSchoolToday

 News Article
What do I need to play sports at Gar-Field?

What do students need to play sports?

  • Academic Eligibility - The student shall have passed, at the end of the semester, at least five credits with the minimum of 2 C’s and 3 D’s. (Freshmen not applicable during 1st semester; upper class students only); AND be currently enrolled in at least 5 classes for this semester.


  • VHSL physical - Before participation for in-season or out-of-season activities can take place, the student shall have submitted to the Activities Office their VHSL Physical form filled in and properly signed by both parent/guardian and physician. The physical must be dated after May 1, 2020 and will be good for the entire 2020-2021 school year. You may get a copy of this form at Gar-Field High School or the following website: or    


  • Concussion Training - Student and parent/guardian shall view the online Concussion Education Training Course presented by Prince William County Schools. Submit the signed completion certificate, accompanied by your VHSL physical, to the Activities Office.


  • COVID-19 daily screening - Registered on SportWare OnLine @
    • View this video for guidance on registering on SWOL
    • You may consult Mr. Kozlowski via email if you need assistance with registration.
    • Student-athletes are required to complete daily COVID-19 screening every day by 12:00p.m.


  • Blue Cards - The student and parent must sign a blue Emergency Care Card(s) and turn in to the Gar-Field High School Activities Office. Available on  Important Athletics Information


  • Age and Bona Fide Student Rule - The student shall be born on or after August 1, 2001 and be enrolled at Gar-Field Senior High School.


  • Semester Rule - Students enrolled in High School prior to August 28, 2017 are not eligible per VHSL Semester Rule.
Author: Michael Payne   E-Mail:

© 2021 - Powered by | Policies